If the recent sunny weather has inspired you to infuse some light into your home, you’ve come to the right place. At Zenith Home Improvements, we’ve compiled some top tips to help you brighten up your home for that light and airy feel.
1. Remove tall objectsThis may seem like an obvious tip, but it’s surprising how many of us have tall objects or furniture blocking light coming into our homes. Removing these objects or pieces of furniture from beside or in front of your windows will allow loads of natural light to flood in, immediately brightening any room. Keeping these larger objects to the opposite side of the room and your window area clear is a great and inexpensive way of maximising the natural light flow.
2. Update your furnitureDark furniture looks beautiful, but if you are trying to create a lighter, airier room, sticking to lighter coloured furniture can make a huge difference – especially in smaller rooms. This may be as simple as a lick of paint, or if you’ve got a penny to spare, you could treat yourself to some new pieces. White is always a great way to create light, but similarly, light wood or bright colours (depending on how brave you are) will create a lovely bright feel to any room.
3. Get your paint brushes outThere’s nothing like a nice crisp coat of white paint if you are trying to brighten a room. No matter what size or shape your room may be, a fresh lick of white paint is an easy and inexpensive way of creating light. If white isn’t quite your cup of tea, why not try a light pastel colour like pale grey or green. All light coloured paints are very reflective so regardless of what colour you decide on, the end result will be a lovely light and airy space.
4. Mirror mirror on the wallMirrors are a very clever light reflecting tool. They efficiently reflect any light coming into your room, especially when positioned across from a natural light source. The bigger the mirror, the more light you will have flooding into your room.
5. Curtains and blindsUpdating your curtains to sheer curtains is a great way of allowing in extra light. Sheer curtains teamed with a pale coloured or white blind creates the perfect blend of light and luxury. Just imagine those floaty, sheer curtains swaying gently in a soft breeze, whilst filtering in beautiful soft light…bliss!
6. Light bulbsAnother obvious (or not so obvious?) tip, is to clean your lightbulbs. Can you remember the last time you cleaned yours? We can’t either! This isn’t a task that crosses our minds often, but it can make a huge difference to the light produced by your bulbs as dust and dirt accumulated over time…we’ll just be off to grab a duster then!!
7. Floor lampsSticking with the lighting theme, investing in floor lamps aimed at the ceiling can also help in creating more light around your home, especially if placed in those corners that the natural light fails to reach.
Have you tried any? Or maybe you’ve tried them all for the maximum light around your home? Either way, we hope you liked these 7 top tips on how to brighten up your home.