Buying windows is an important decision and nowadays customers have the luxury of choosing from lots of different options, but it can seem confusing in knowing what’s best for you and your home.
Not all windows are the same and everyone’s requirements are different. Each home is unique, which is why Zenith don’t think “one-size fits all” is the right approach to have, so all of our products are tailor-made to suit the particulars of your property.
How do I know if I need to buy new windows?
Luckily, new windows are something you won’t have to purchase very often; once they have been fitted they don’t have to be replaced for many years. When you do need to replace old windows, the most common reasons are:
- They have been damaged and condensation is getting between the panes
- The wooden frame has begun rotting
- They’re no longer fitted securely
How will I be able to tell if the windows are any good?
There are many business selling windows and similar home improvement products; the main things to look for are their accreditations. Some of these are; British Board of Agreement (BBA), BSI Kitemark, British Plastics Federation and FENSA. Plus our products come with a 10 year warranty so they’re built to last and we’ve got the warranty to prove it. What should you be looking for in your new window(s)?
Good quality windows will offer the following benefits:
- Ensure there are no draughts
- Virtually maintenance free and easy to clean
- Be aesthetically pleasing and suit your home as well as requirements
- The best security locks and mechanisms
- Have an energy rating of A+ to help reduce your energy bills
- Reduce noise pollution
- Offer you a guarantee that covers all areas of your window
What should I consider before buying a window?
There are many different types of windows, deciding which one you think would be the best for you is an important choice. To ensure you are picking what’s right for you and your family, as well as your house we have written a list of questions that are worth asking when investing in windows.
- What security features does the window have?
- Which material is the best?
- What style would be the best for my home?
- Will investing in windows help me save money on my energy bills?
- Which colours do the windows come in?
- Are they easy to maintain?
- What type of guarantee do the windows come with?
- If I ever needed repair
Where can I find a trustworthy opinion?
Reviews online are always a great way to find a trustworthy opinion from someone who’s had experience with a specific company, one source you could use is Trustpilot.com. In order to be able to leave a review you must be able to verify your order with the company. This is great as it helps show that the person has had an actual experience with the company. You’re able to find Zenith Home on Trust Pilot as well and read the reviews our customers have written for us.
Understandably, it’s sometimes hard to get proper advice and opinions online which is why it’s also good to ask your friends, family or neighbours to see if they’ve had any interaction or experience with the company you’re thinking of choosing.
Alternatively, with Zenith you’re able to book a free appointment with one of our consultants to visit you, where they’ll be able to offer you expert advice, with no commitment or pressure.
If you’d like to find out more, call us on 0800 114 3584 or book an appointment and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you further.